So, it’s the London Marathon weekend, and after almost a week of volcanic ash, now your skin will have to deal with the heat wave that is coming our way!
I’ll share here a few tips for your skin not to shrivel on the next couple of days:
– Drink plenty of water, fresh juice, iced tea, and eat watery fruits such as watermelon, melon, pears, apples and cherries.
– Feed your skin with a body cream or oil, as it will help skin to keeps its moisture.
– Use sunscreen and remember to put it on at least 30 minutes before going in the sun. For your face, I’d recommend a SPF of at least 30. The sun is the worst culprit for skin ageing; everyone should use sunscreen every single day.
– Don’t forget your hat and sunglasses!
– If possible, avoid direct sun light during the hours of 10am to 3pm, when sun radiation is peaking.
– After sun exposure, take a cool shower and use an aftersun lotion.
– For your face, try a cooling mask as an extra care.
The best natural ingredients to look for on aftersun quenching products are the ones that have soothing, healing, calming and cooling properties. Many of these ingredients will also be anti-inflammatory and moisturising, so they will help reduce redness and dryness in cases of over exposure to the sun.
These are the natural ingredients you most want listed in the label of your sun care products:
– Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis)
– Calendula (Calendula officinalis)
– Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
– Chamomile (Matricaria recutita)
– Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Remember: always check the label!